there is no spoon
Registered: Mar 2005
Posts: 18336 - Threads: 783
Matt wrote on 17-03-2017 07:55 PM
A man was electrocuted as he charged his mobile phone while in the bath, an inquest has heard.
Richard Bull died when his iPhone charger made contact with the water at his home in Ealing, west London.
A coroner ruled his death was accidental and plans to send a report to Apple about taking action to prevent future deaths.
I saw the headline, couldn't work out how a 5v charger could kill.
Then I read the details, what a plonker!
Mr Bull is believed to have plugged his charger into an extension cord from the hallway and rested it on his chest while using the phone, the Sun reports.
He suffered severe burns on his chest, arm and hand when the charger touched the water and died on 11 December, the newspaper said.
Innit, resting an extension lead on your chest while in the bathtub?
HF2 - coming soon!
Report this post to a moderator |