Roger Shah - Magic Island Vol. 9
Reported by starkprofiles
Submitted 15-06-19 13:11
Winter is long, spring seems shorter by the year, but what’s important right now is that summer looks pretty much eternal! Yup, we’ve reached the time of year where all eyes hearts, minds (and everything else of importance!) turn to face the sun.
Whether you be beat-seeker, heat-seeker (or both), we’ve something the season simply can do without – a soundtrack! June 21st sees Roger Shah reconvene his wandering band of multitalented Magic Islanders and musical set sail for the sun.
We can all agree there’s something to be said for a bit of dependability in these crazy mixed-up times! Here’s the question though… Is Roger Shah’s ‘Music For Balearic People’ now the most reliable part of any electronic music summer!?? Consider… over the duration its eight volumes have materialised in the same month of each year (sometimes even the same week!). They feature a dedicated cast of music-makers, some of whom have been there from its first word and played a part in every edition. Style-wise it’s kept its musical culture locked; ditto for its ethos of globally connecting people who see life the Balearic way. And it has - every step of the way - been helmed & honed by series standard-bearer, Roger Shah.
As ‘Magic Island’ approaches its landmark tenth outing, Roger’s again marshalled his crew of Balearic People for the 2019 trip. On this expedition you’ll find regular cohorts including (*deep breath*) Rene Ablaze, Pierre Pienaar, Brian Laruso, Raul Pablo Sanchez, Bob Memphis, Clarks, David Broaders, Sergey Shabanov, Aaron Sim and others. Naturally, outside of Magic Island season, Roger’s expended his energies working on new summer-saluting material. You’ll find new pairings (many of the them for the first time) with Stoneface & Terminal, Kristina Sky, Pierre Pienaar and others besides. As you’ve every right to expect, there’s also a renewed wealth from Roger’s best-known aliases - Sunlounger, High Noon At Salinas and Global Experience among them.
As ever, each of ‘Magic Island’s mixes echoes the respective vibes on two very distinct times of the day. With mix 1 Roger musically backdrops sun & sea, beach, lounge & bar. Hitting the recline button, the mix cruises out with the temperate latest from Clarks, Ihab Sameh and Marycee & Balearic Session. Around the midpoint High Noon At Salinas pop an umbrella in your drink, adding the intoxicating notes of ‘Siente El Sol’ and the Terrace Mix of ‘Espalmador’ for good measure. Series regulars Raul Pablo Sanchez & Brian Laruso bring cooler-yet essence with Schattenspiel’ & ‘Anything’, before Global Experience deliver the housier perspectives of ‘Sa Trinxa’. Roger’s own creations maintain the mix’s glide path as ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ from Sunlounger & Susie Ledge preludes the welcome return of San Antonio Harbour with ‘Neon Colors’.
On the composition of his ninth compilation, Roger says: “In all the time I’ve been doing them, I’ve never spent as much time putting together a ‘Magic Island’ compilation as with this one. Besides the usual interaction with all the producers (one of the most enjoyable and fulfilling parts of the process), I also got re-inspired to use a lot of my aliases. This meant I ended up contributing even more of my own work. I hope everyone gets something like as much pleasure from listening to this album as I did whilst making it!"
Frontend of Mix 2 and Roger ushers some new Magic Island blood into the spotlight with Zoxy, Terry Gaters and Fredd Moz and Ingsha all making their series debuts. With the drums up, bass braced and synths rigged, Roger hits a collaboratory tract, dropping new clubbier in-studio teamings with Kristina Sky, Stoneface & Terminal, Rene Ablaze and others. Series vet David Broaders is hot on their heels with the floor-waxing ‘Heliosphere’, whilst with ‘Castaway’ and ‘Azimuth’, Sergey Shabanov likewise pitches in with a pair of hand-raisers. Roger works in some similarly styled magic with the Aneym-sung ‘Whisper To Me’ from Andy Elliass, along with the Polish producer’s Rolfiek collab ‘On The Way To Wonderland’. Rounding off 2019’s Magic Island excursion, you’ll find Eric Senn’s ‘Chase Your Dreams’ and ‘Fantasy Land’ from Yodis, while Corrie Theron sends Disc 2 on its way with ‘Smile’.
Magic Island Vol. 9 – Music For Balearic People Mixed By Roger Shah is out June 21st and available to pre-order here https://magicisland.complete.me/volumenine
Into the blue…??? Well after you!
Roger Shah - Magic Island Vol. 9 Tracklist
Clarks - Cayo Largo
02. Eddie Murray featuring Veronica Moran – Inception
03. Ihab Sameh - Silent Waves
04. Jukebox 80s - Ripped Knees
05. Marycee & Balearic Session - Ubud
06. Brian Laruso & Jamie Chambers - Tale Of The Lost Children
07. Adam Stark - Versa (Magic Island Deep Mix)
08. Sinan - Moments
09. High Noon At Salinas & Noah Shah - Siente El Sol
10. High Noon At Salinas - Espalmador (Extended Terrace Mix)
11. Raul Pablo Sanchez - Schattenspiel
12. Guided Gratitude - Waking Up
13. Brian Laruso - Anything
14. Global Experience - Sa Trinxa (5am Mix)
15. High Noon At Salinas - Muchacha (Tribal Mix)
16. Sinan - Birds Of Paradise
17. Bob Memphis - Don’t Fade Away
18. Sunlounger & Susie Ledge - The Sun Will Rise Again
19. San Antonio Harbour - Neon Colors
20. Noah Shah - Huh
21. Roger Shah presents Symphony In Deep Minor - Snowflakes On A New Year’s Day
22. Clarks - Tikehau
Zoxy - Deep Inside
02. Terry Gaters – Escape
03. Fredd Moz featuring Marcie - Love Is Here
04. Roger Shah & Yoav - Beautiful Lie
05. Ingsha - Apaya
06. Roger Shah & Kristina Sky - Ocean Flame (Uplifting Mix)
07. Roger Shah & Genie O’Malley - Touch The Feelz
08. Roger Shah & George Jema - Patong Beach
09. Aaron Sim - Letting Go
10. David Broaders - Heliosphere
11. Andy Elliass & Aneym - Whisper To Me
12. Roger Shah with Stoneface & Terminal – Triumvirate
13. Roger Shah & Majo Montemayor - Estado De Sueno
14. Roger Shah & Rene Ablaze - Natural Order
15. Roger Shah, Pierre Pienaar & Dirkie Coetzee - Epoch
16. Sergey Shabanov - Castaway
17. Sunlounger featuring Zara - Lost (Roger Shah 2018 Update)
18. DJ Galaxie - Here I Am
19. Sergey Shabanov – Azimuth
20. Andy Elliass & Rolfiek - On The Way To Wonderland
21. Thorsten F. & Nicki – Research
22. Aldo Henrycho & Sothzanne String - Forever You
23. SILVELA - Offing (Uplifting Mix)
24. Eric Senn - Chase Your Dreams
25. Yodis - Fantasy Land
26. Corrie Theron - Smile
Share this :: : : :
Follow HarderFaster ::
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by
their respective companies. All other content is (c) 2001-2021 HarderFaster.