Save dance music on UK national radio #saveukdancemusic
Reported by slipper
Submitted 09-02-12 14:49
I’ve previously blogged about the fact that dance music is alive and well and bursting with creativity from all around the world.
And yet recently UK national radio has downgraded the importance of the genre by reducing the tracks played and the number of shows featuring dance music.
I believe this is a huge loss and fails to reflect the diversity of the audience.
I also think there is something missing from our national consciousness if we don’t get to hear uplifting, euphoric dance music on our national radio stations.
It is time to support UK dance music and so I’ve launched a new Facebook campaign.
The aims of the campaign are to persuade UK national radio:
* To play more dance music
* To create more dance oriented shows – particularly in prime time
* To playlist more dance tracks
* To show respect to dance music radio pioneers as well as nurture new radio presenting talent
* To play a greater variety of dance music – everything from remixes to hard house to trance
* To create more opportunities for new and up-and-coming musicians, djs and record labels to reach a wider audience
It would be great if you could show your support for the campaign by liking the page on Facebook, telling your friends and tweeting using #saveukdancemusic.
Share this :: : : :
Follow HarderFaster ::